- Ranexa [package insert]. Foster City, CA: Gilead Sciences, Inc; December 2013.
- Chaitman BR, Pepine CJ, Parker JO, et al. Effects of ranolazine with atenolol, amlodipine, or diltiazem on exercise tolerance and angina frequency in patients with severe chronic angina: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2004;291:309-316.
- Serruys PW, Unger F, Sousa JE, et al. Comparison of coronary-artery bypass surgery and stenting for the treatment of multivessel disease. N Engl J Med. 2001;344:1117-1124.
- Boden WE, O’Rourke RA, Teo KK, et al. Optimal medical therapy with or without PCI for stable coronary disease. N Engl J Med. 2007;356:1503-1516.
- Cohen DJ, Van Hout B, Serruys PW, et al. Quality of life after PCI with drug-eluting stents or coronary-artery bypass surgery. N Engl J Med. 2011;364:1012-1026.
- American Heart Association. Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics—2012 Update. Dallas, TX: American Heart Association; 2012.
- Gibbons RJ, Abrams J, Chatterjee K, et al. ACC/AHA 2002 guideline update for the management of patients with chronic stable angina: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Committee to Update the 1999 Guidelines for the Management of Patients with Chronic Stable Angina). 2002. Available at http://www.utmb.edu/internalmedicine/pdf/cardiology/ Chronic_Stable_angina_guidelines.pdf. Accessed March 3, 2015.
- Morrow DA, Boden WE. Stable ischemic heart disease. In: Bonow RO, Mann DL, Zipes DP, Libby P, eds. Braunwald’s Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine.
9th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders Elsevier; 2012:1210-1254.
- Cannon CP, Braunwald E. Unstable angina and non-ST elevation myocardial infarction. In: Bonow RO, Mann DL, Zipes DP, Libby P, eds. Braunwald’s Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 9th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders Elsevier; 2012:1178-1209.
- Chestnut LG, Keller LR, Lambert WE, Rowe RD. Measuring heart patients’ willingness to pay for changes in angina symptoms. Med Decis Making. 1996;16(1):65-77.
- ACCF/AHA/AMA PCPI 2011 Performance Measures for Adults With Coronary Artery Disease and Hypertension: A Report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Performance Measures and the American Medical Association Physician Consortium for Performance Improvement. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011;58;316-336.
- Scirica BM, Morrow DA, Hod H, et al. Effect of ranolazine, an antianginal agent with novel electrophysiological properties, on the incidence of arrhythmias in patients with non–ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome:
results from the Metabolic Efficiency With Ranolazine for Less Ischemia in Non–ST-Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome–Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction 36 (MERLIN- TIMI 36) randomized controlled trial. Circulation. 2007;116:1647-1652.
- Thadani U, Ripley TL. Side effects of using nitrates to treat heart failure and the acute coronary syndromes, unstable angina and acute myocardial infarction. Expert Opinion Drug Saf. 2007;6:385-396.
- Gheorghiade M, Abraham WT, Albert NM, et al. Systolic blood pressure at admission, clinical characteristics, and outcomes in patients hospitalized with acute heart failure. JAMA. 2006;296:2217-2226.
- Rouleau JL, Roecker EB, Tendera M, et al. Influence of pretreatment systolic blood pressure on the effect of carvedilol in patients with severe chronic heart failure: the Carvedilol Prospective Randomized Cumulative Survival (COPERNICUS) study. J Am Coll Cardiol.
- Yancy CW, Lopatin M, Stevenson LW, De Marco T, Fonarow GC. Clinical presentation, management, and in-hospital outcomes of patients admitted with acute decompensated heart failure with preserved systolic function: a report from the Acute Decompensated Heart Failure National Registry (ADHERE) Database. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006;47:76-84.
- Morrow DA, Scirica BM, Karwatowska-Prokopczuk E, et al. Effects of ranolazine on recurrent cardiovascular events in patients with non-ST-elevation coronary syndromes: the MERLIN-TIMI 36 randomized trial. JAMA.
- Stone PH, Gratsiansky NA, Blokhin A, Huang IZ, Meng L. Antianginal efficacy of ranolazine when added to treatment with amlodipine: the ERICA (Efficacy of Ranolazine in Chronic Angina) Trial. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006;48:566-575.
- Data on file, Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Shaw LJ, Shaw RE, Merz CN, et al. Impact of ethnicity and gender differences on angiographic coronary artery disease prevalence and in-hospital mortality in the American College of Cardiology–National Cardiovascular Data Registry. Circulation. 2008;117:1787-1801.
- Chaitman BR, Skettino SL, Parker JO, et al. Anti-ischemic effects and long-term survival during ranolazine
monotherapy in patients with chronic severe angina. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004;43:1375-1382.
- Stone PH, Chaitman B, Koren A, Crager M. Effects of ranolazine as monotherapy and combination therapy on rate pressure product at rest and during exercise: results from the MARISA and CARISA trials. Circulation. 2006;114:II 715. Abstract 3362.
- Important Safety Information
- Prescribing Information
- About Ranexa
- Safety and tolerability
- Holter data
- Simple dosing and usage
- Heart rate and blood pressure
- Case studies in chronic angina
- Financial assistance
- Sign up for updates